EVOLVE’s Child Focused Recruitment program provides individualized, intensive services to Minnesota foster care youth. Our recruiters are able to work with youth prior to a termination of parental rights (concurrent recruitment) or after (traditional recruitment), making our program unique.
- Spend a significant amount of time getting to know the youth and maintaining a relationship based on trust. Youth are engaged in planning.
- Follow the lead of the referring county social worker and other team members.
- Maintain a focus on permanency and the lifelong well being of the youth at all times.
- Focus on identifying relatives, kin, and those with a special connection to the youth. We utilize unique and effective family finding search tools. Check out an “adoption detectives” story EVOLVE was featured in from Star Tribune in December 2015.
- Develop Lifebooks with youth.
- Utilize a strength based, holistic, trauma-informed approach.
- Maintain light caseloads to remain child focused. Children are aided in preparation for permanency in ways tailored to their individual needs.
What are County Workers saying about EVOLVE Child Focused Recruitment?
“I just have to tell you that the recruiter is wonderful! Her calm, encouraging demeanor, extensive clinical knowledge and skill, and personal experience make her perfect for the recruiter job.”
“I have been very impressed with the recruiter. She came on board with the teen at a challenging time after a disrupted match situation. The teen was pretty guarded about recruitment, adoption, and a new person. The recruiter came in and demonstrated a lot of sensitivity and compassion and went at the teen’s pace. They have a very good, respectful relationship, and the teen is now considering adoption again when I didn’t know if she ever would.”
“Despite the youth’s intense trauma history and recent behavioral concerns, the recruiter jumped right into her work with the client. Typically, the youth has a difficult time trusting new workers right away, but the recruiter’s style and personality allowed them to click from the beginning. It is obvious that the youth feels comfortable with the recruiter and that the recruiter appears to truly enjoy being around the youth.”
If you would like to learn more about EVOLVE’s child focused recruitment program, please contact us!
Minnesota Waiting Youth
If you would like to know more about specific youth waiting for adoption, please visit the MN Adopt website at the link below.