EVOLVE offers three levels of supervised parenting… What’s the difference?
EVOLVE is able to provide three levels of services ranging from Monitored Visitation to Therapeutic Supervised Parenting.
Monitored Visitation is chaperoned, but unsupervised. This level allows time for an EVOLVE team member and the parent/caretaker to reflect on past visits, lessons learned, and planned interaction for the current visit before spending time with the child(ren). The EVOLVE team member remains on site and available for intervention and interaction, as needed.
Supervised and Therapeutic Supervised Parenting focus on safety and strengthening parent-child interactions to improve chances of family reunification and are provided at two levels depending on the needs of the family: non-therapeutic or therapeutic.
- Teaches new parenting skills through repetition and encouragement
- Provides teaching moments involving hands-on demonstrations that build on the parent’s strengths while conveying new approaches.
- Helps parents cope with their feelings in order to visit consistently and keep their anger and depression out of the visit.
- Provides coaching to help parents meet their children’s needs and emotions in the visit.
Therapeutic Supervised Parenting adds the following to Supervised Parenting
- Holistically offers parent coaching/training, parent education, child development education, mental health services, and evidence based psychotherapy to address the family’s barriers to reunification
- Is evidenced-based and skills-based
- Offers therapeutic support to both children and parents through preparation activities before the family sessions and debriefing afterwards, as age appropriate
- Designed to complement other family services accessible in the community
- Is available at no cost to counties through a grant funded by the Department of Human Services
Parenting sessions are held in St. Paul and North Minneapolis, in communities reflective of the culture of the population being served.
To learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org