The Philippines Program
There are 3 paths to adopting from the Philippines:
For healthy children under 6 years old. EVOLVE can only submit a limited number of applications for this program each year. Please inquire about the current status of this program.
Special Home Finding
For healthy children over the age of 7 years old, children with special needs ages 2 to 15 years old, and sibling groups. A list of waiting children is released monthly. Families may apply for a specific child or sibling group on the list. Unrelated children may not be adopted at the same time.
Families may apply to adopt their relative child/children whose relationship falls within the 4th degree of consanguinity and meets requirements for adoption under the Hague Convention. Families complete a Relative Questionnaire to determine child/children’s eligibility. Family begins adoption process following the child/children being cleared for international adoption.
Adoptive Parent Requirements
Many international countries have their own requirements for individuals interested in adopting. In this program, you must be:
- Minimum age 27 and at least 16 years older than the child
- Married 3 yrs, 5 yrs with previous divorce; 1 divorce allowed per person
- Maximum of 45 years between age of child and the adoptive mother
- Singles may adopt children ages 9 – 15 and children with special needs
- No criminal history
- High school diploma
- Minimum income of $40,000
- Must meet 125% of the US poverty guidelines based on household size
- Physically and psychologically healthy
Unacceptable medical conditions include: Some forms of diabetes, obese (BMI over 35), cancer, major organ transplant, pacemaker, stroke, myocardial infarction, multiple sclerosis / degenerative muscular disorder, autoimmune disorders, risk factors that can impede care (i.e. blind, deaf, etc.) Hepatitis C, psychiatric disorders, mood disorders / major depressive disorders, substance abuse, and sexual disorders.
- Males and Females (cannot specify sex)
- 2-14 years of age
- Siblings and special needs
- Approved Adoption Study Report – 3-6 months
- Dossier – 1-3 months
- Referral – 36-60 months
- Special Needs Referral – 6-18 months
- Travel – 5 months after referral
- Stay in the Philippines – 7 days
- Progress reporting – 6 months after placement
Traveling to the Philippines
One or both adoptive parents will travel to the Philippines for a stay of about one week. Families will stay in hotels while in the Philippines.
A report and photos are required at 2, 4, and 6 months after returning home with your child.
The Philippines is a signatory to the Hague Convention on Inter- country adoption. Children will receive an IH-4 visa in their passport before entering the US. Child will be a US citizen after finalization in the US.
Families receive legal guardianship of their child when returning home from the Philippines. Families will need to finalize the adoption after a 6 month period.
To Apply for this Program
Fill out an application by clicking the button below. Note: For families located in Minnesota, please review the document, titled “Completing an Adoption in MN” before applying. For all other questions, Contact Us.