Many international countries have their own requirements for individuals interested in adopting. In this program, you must be:
Minimum age 25 and at least 15 years older than the child
- Adoptive Mother age 25 to 38; Adoptive Father age 25 to 43
- Married at least 3 years; each applicant may have 1 divorce
- No Single Applicants Accepted
- Documented Infertility
- Up to one child in home, who is at least 2 years old
- No criminal history
- Must meet 125% of the US poverty guidelines based on household size
- Physically and psychologically healthy
- Males and Females
- 15 months – 15 years of age
- Siblings and Special Needs
- Approved Adoption Study Report — 3 – 6 months
- Dossier — 1 – 3 months
- Referral — 24 – 36 months
- Travel — 8-12 months after referral
- Stay in Thailand — 2 weeks
- Progress Reporting — 6 months after placement
Traveling to Thailand
Both adoptive parents will travel to Thailand for a stay of about two weeks. Families will stay in hotels while in Thailand.
A report and photos are required at 2, 4, and 6 months after returning home with your child.
Thailand is a signatory to the Hague Convention on Inter-country adoption. Children will receive an IH-4 visa in their passport before entering the US. Child will be a US citizen after finalization in the US.
Families receive legal guardianship of their child when returning home from Thailand. Families will need to finalize the adoption in their state of residence.
To Apply for this Program
Fill out an application by clicking the button below. Note: For families located in Minnesota, please review the document, titled “Completing an Adoption in MN” before applying. For all other questions, Contact Us.