Website EVOLVE Family Services
Growing Families, Enriching Lives
EVOLVE Family Services is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit whose core vision is a world where everyone has nurturing, permanent, and supportive familial relationships. We accomplish this by providing a full breadth of inclusive ethical programing in adoption, foster care, pregnancy support, youth services, therapeutic support and education. With 30 highly dedicated, experienced staff, EVOLVE serves all of Minnesota and western Wisconsin through a child-focused lens. EVOLVE works within and alongside the child welfare system. Our programming recognizes the disparities caused by structural oppression and systemic inequities and works to address and combat these. Our programs are supported through individual and corporate gifts, grants, earned revenue, special events, and United Way funds.
At EVOLVE, we believe in the power of family and work to strengthen connections and relationships in all of the child-focused services we provide. EVOLVE works to support and preserve families in crisis and engages in transparent, ethical adoption and foster care practices. We understand that each situation is unique, personal, and significant, and we treat it as such. We welcome and are committed to serving all individuals and families, regardless of race, religion, age, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or marital status. Our staff is dedicated to helping families throughout their process, supporting them in their transitions, and giving them tools to thrive as a family.
EVOLVE is defined by its core values. We are…
- Child-focused: In all we do, we consider the lifelong impact on a child.
- Collaborative: Working together, we are stronger.
- Inclusive: The unique strength, voice and experiences of every individual are valued.
- Joyful: Passionate, fun and hope-filled people can change the world.
- Pioneering: Innovation and continued learning are crucial.
- Transparent: Without comprising the truth, we are honest and respectful.
Experienced Board Member Job Description
EVOLVE seeks an experienced, diverse, collaborative, and active Board Member who can partner with the Executive Director, Board Chair and other Board Members to provide support and oversight in the delivery of our mission and vision. Activities include regular meeting attendance with active participation, contributing to the development of policies and strategic plans, ensuring the organization is in compliance with regulations, and evaluating/approving finances and high-level agency decisions. Ideal candidates will have experience in serving other boards, fundraising, and experience with non-profit management. A passion for or personal connection to the work in child welfare, adoption, or foster care is highly valued. This is an uncompensated volunteer position.
The attributes that EVOLVE seeks in its Board Members include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Mission driven in the work of EVOLVE
- Strong interest in public service, child welfare, and philanthropy
- Interest or experience in promotion, fundraising, and grant-writing
- Embrace social justice and help lead and support the agency’s advocacy in this area
- Support and actively engage in inclusive workplace initiatives, including diversity, inclusion and equity principles
- Previous governance and non-profit Board experience
- Public policy and advocacy
- Strong community contacts
- Leadership, interpersonal and intercultural skills
EVOLVE requests that its board members be able to offer approximately five to ten hours of their time per month in service to EVOLVE to attend board meetings and occasional sub-committee meetings, and a commitment to carry out tasks for which they have volunteered. Meetings are held every month at our West St. Paul office. Meetings are temporarily being conducted virtually due to the pandemic.
Additionally, all board members are expected to contribute financially to the organization at a level meaningful to them, either through their own monetary gifts or soliciting donors for monetary contributions.
Thank you for your interest in EVOLVE board membership! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed Board of Directors Application (http://evolveservices.org/employment) to Amy Sainsbury at ASainsbury@evolveservices.org.
To apply for this job email your details to ASainsbury@evolveservices.org