This therapeutic consultation service is available to all foster care providers licensed through Dakota County and is required for all providers who are caring for children in Emergency Placements. We offer in-home therapeutic support to the family based on the unique needs and requests of the family. We require an initial home visit in order to provide the best quality services to families.
Some examples of services include:
- individual, couple and family therapy to address parenting skills, relationship-building, attachment, co-parenting issues, parenting stress
- safety planning
- check-ins with family members
- making referrals to ongoing therapy and support groups
- connecting to community resources
- behavioral intervention support
- psychoeducation around typical child development versus children who have experienced trauma and/or familial disruptions
- establishing age/developmentally appropriate discipline, consequences, and expectations
- support to build personal support systems and “personal support plans”
- develop coping skills (parents & children) to address stress
We have 3 hours for in-person meetings with the opportunity to request more hours. We can also provide limited phone consultations as well.
This service is completely confidential.
Please contact at Therapy@evolveservices.org for more information or questions.