EVOLVE provides two Family Preservation Counseling services; Families First and Brief Counseling.
These programs are contracted through Dakota County. EVOLVE receives referrals from Dakota County because a crisis has occurred in the family such as:
- family conflict
- child/adolescent aggression towards other family members
- school/academic attendance issues
- substance or alcohol abuse
- unsafe discipline strategies
- mental health concerns
- basic needs/unsafe home environment
- child abuse or neglect
- child trauma
- safety planning
- ongoing assessment and support
- assistance with creating an intervention plan with the family
- assistance with addressing and meeting county worker identified goals or family goals
- a strength-based approach
EVOLVE can connect families with ongoing therapeutic support after a family has completed one of these programs.
Families First is an intensive in-home therapeutic crisis intervention for families just entering the child protection system.
EVOLVE can provide up to 40 hours of in-home face-to-face therapeutic service with the family. Time spent in the home typically looks like 2 home visits a week (2 hour sessions) for 3-4 months.
Since 2016, EVOLVE has worked with 35 families in this program.
Brief Counseling is similar to Families First, but normally EVOLVE works with these families for shorter periods of time.
EVOLVE can provide up to 12 hours of in-home face-to-face therapeutic services with the family. Time spent in the home typically looks like 1-2 home visits a week (1.5-2 hour sessions) for 6-8 weeks.
Since 2016, EVOLVE has worked with 37 families in this program.
To learn more about this service, please contact Jessica Boner at firstname.lastname@example.org