UMOJA is a Black Heritage and Culture camp for families raising African American children through adoption, foster care, or kinship care. UMOJA camps will benefit parents of any race by providing an honest and transformational look at the resistance and resilience of Black people throughout history.
Our camps provide a powerful experience for the entire family including:
- Culture-specific education for youth and parents
- Fun family activities
- Community engagement
- Support networks
Our camps are held twice a year, once in the Twin Cities metro area and once in greater MN, with many scholarships available. There are also many enrichment opportunities available throughout the year.
Benifits of UMOJA MN Camps:
- Promotes positive racial identity
- Provides a place to build relationships with similar families
- Creates a safe space for honest conversations
- Helps parents gain tools for navigating systemic racism
- Provides children with a network of support and peers who understand their life experiences
To learn more contact Tenelle Thomas at email@example.com or 612.502.8435