COVID-19 Family Resources
SHARE THIS ARTICLE:
EVOLVE’s Therapeutic Services has been gathering resources to help families find normalcy during this uncertain time. It will be important to try to stick to your typical routine/structure even though everything will be at home for most (work, school, playing, eating, sleeping, etc.).
Some of these resources may be helpful for you and your family during this time of social distancing and being quarantined at home. We have included resources about how to talk to your kids about COVID-19, how to reduce anxiety and more!
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network released a Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This guide includes what you should know about COVID-19, how to prepare your family, and how to cope with stress (as it specifically relates to children).
- The American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry released an article about Talking to Children About Coronavirus. This article discusses helpful ways to talk with children about public health emergencies.
- KFAN Sports Radio shared an article about trying a “COVID-19 Daily Schedule” to keep your kids from going stir crazy! The image provides a relatively easy-to-follow schedule that helps create structure.
- The LA County Department of Public Health released an infographic on Social Distancing. It provides information about what you should avoid, when you should use caution, what is safe to do.
- Michaels craft store provides a selection of “Kids Boredom Busters” how-to videos of crafts and activities that kids can do at home.
- The Calm app is offering many free resources to help with anxiety during this challenging time. It provides soothing meditations, stories, music, practices, and resources to help calm your mind.
- KidsActivities.com released the “Entire List of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions Due to School Closings.”
- ABC News released an article with information on internet providers that are stepping up to expand their WiFi, hotspot coverage for Americans.