3 Ways to Support Your Community from the Comfort of Your Home
SHARE THIS ARTICLE:
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, people continue to look for new ways to give back and support their communities. Like many other organizations, EVOLVE has suspended in-person volunteer opportunities, but there are many other ways you can support your community from the comfort of your home!
Use Your Voice/Platform:
If you use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn – you can use your voice to share resources with your community from the comfort of your home! EVOLVE shares information about our programs and other resources on a daily basis. Follow our social media accounts to share helpful information with others!
Use Your Skills:
- Become a Board Member – EVOLVE seeks an experienced, diverse, collaborative, and active Board Member who can partner with the Executive Director, Board Chair and other Board Members to provide support and oversight in the delivery of our mission and vision. A passion for or personal connection to the work in child welfare, adoption, or foster care is highly valued.
- Do you have special skills you would like to contribute like experience in marketing, Google Ads or event planning? Or do you have an idea for a volunteer project that you would like to contribute to your community from the comfort of your home? Let us know!
Use Your Dollars:
Your donations help families and kids in your community in a multitude of ways! EVOLVE offers a variety of donation options that each align with our vision of creating a world where everyone has nurturing, permanent and supportive familial relationships. You can choose a specific program area or fund to contribute to, or you can become a Monthly Donor!
- EVOLVE’s Programs – You can designate a donation that will directly support one of EVOLVE’s program areas: Family Preservation and Therapeutic Services, Pregnancy Services, Foster Care, UMOJA MN, and Adoption.
- Anne McManus Fund – The Anne McManus Fund supports the supplemental needs of children in foster care. The fund is available to children in foster care whose foster parents cannot afford desired amenities, or that the county does not provide.
- Pregnancy Services Wishlist – EVOLVE Family Services believes in supporting our Pregnancy Services clients every step of the way. Often, we have pregnancy clients who express interest in parenting but don’t have access to the supplies and resources needed.
- Foster Care Wishlist – EVOLVE Family Services believes in supporting our Foster Care clients every step of the way. Often, we have families who unexpectedly take placement of children and youth, requiring them to become licensed foster care providers. These families will provide a safe environment for children and youth in their care but don’t always have access to the supplies and resources needed for foster care licensing. On this list, you will see items that help our families ensure they meet the requirements to become licensed foster care providers and provide a safe environment for any child entering their home.
When you become a monthly or new donor or increase your donation, your gift will be matched dollar for dollar thanks to a challenge match from the Otto Bremer Trust!